If you are an entrepreneur looking to join a proactive, purposeful, & forward thinking organization, then Don Peterson & Associates is where you belong!
Our agents are considered our local market experts with a strong brokerage behind them.
The Don Peterson & Associates leadership team is unlike any other company. They KNOW real estate and work beside you every day. This hands-on approach in training & continued personal support is critical to your success, and ours.
Our brokerage systems & technology tools are designed to help our new professionals achieve their highest level of business performance.
You will find we are very different compared to other real estate brokerages.
….we are different by design.
Perhaps more than any other profession, real estate is the domain of the motivated entrepreneur. Real estate is dominated by people with talent, savvy, a commitment to personal service, and a need to succeed.
If you are looking to have control over your schedule while earning a great income, then you are in the right place!
Four Steps to Increase Your Success When Making a Career Change:
1. Take a look in the mirror: Evaluate your values, skills, personality and interests.
2. Match them up: Make a list of the professions that interest you and investigate them to see if they match up with the mirror test.
3. Research: Go on interviews and seek out successful people in those professions you identified.
4. Develop a plan: Write out exactly what you need to do, estimate the time frame for accomplishing those steps and identify the related costs.
There are many different personalities in real estate and you truly “get out of it what you put in”. You must be personally invested in everything that it takes to make your business successful. You must also constantly look for new opportunities to improve your brand and increase your value to your client. Below are some qualities that we found the most successful Realtors possess:
- Hard working
- Good attitude
A career in real estate can be exciting and rewarding, but does require time and dedication. When considering a real estate career, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I have a good sphere of influence and visibility in my community?
- Do I possess good communication skills?
- Do other people consider me honest and trustworthy?
- Am I willing to take the required classes?
- Am I willing to invest time and effort now in order to gain income later?
- Is my family prepared to accept a changing, busy schedule?
- Do I present myself with confidence and look professional?
- Am I motivated to succeed – whatever it takes?
- Can I handle setbacks and solve problems in a positive manner?
- Am I looking for a long-term career?
- Do I believe in quick responses to all customer inquiries?
- Am I an organized person who can handle details well?
- Do I set priorities and goals?
Real estate can be a very demanding business in order to achieve success. Your income, time invested and career fulfillment will be influenced by the real estate company you choose and the support they offer you while you pursue your goals.
Don Peterson & Associates is committed to your success and has developed a system to help you do your business as efficiently and effectively as possible. Elements of the system include:
- Business Planning/Goal Setting
- Instant online inquiry emails
- Sphere of Influence management
- Property Marketing
- Training and Skill Development
- Client Relationship Marketing
- Superb Follow-Up Programs
- Title & Escrow Company Services
- Full-Time Agent Support Staff (flyers, MLS changes, postcards, etc)
- Latest Technology
- Lead Generation Tools
- Ongoing Training
- Competitive Commission & Bonus Schedules
Great Technology and Marketing are imperative to a successful real estate career. Don Peterson & Associates is committed to providing the most professional and innovative tools available to their agents. Technology & Marketing is always evolving but here are just a few of the items provided by Don Peterson & Associates:
- All 5 Locations are Wi-Fi enabled
- Email enabled scanners & printers with print from phone features
- Widely known & user-friendly website, Facebook, & Instagram
- Listings automatically linked to many national websites
- Contracts & forms accessible online in fillable format
- Mobile friendly website
- Electronic, fully integrated signature system provided
- Individual e-fax numbers for each agent
- All MLS data entry and changes by support staff
- Just Listed/Just Sold Cards prepared by support staff
- Creative Listing and Open House Flyers Provided
- Large presence in print and online ads
You’ve decided a real estate career is right for you. Here are your next important steps on the path to Your Fantastic Career!
Once you’ve decided that a fulfilling career in real estate is right for you, there are some steps to take to become licensed. To become a Realtor®, the State of Nebraska requires:
At least 19 years old
A high school diploma or G.E.D.
Attend 66 hours of pre-licensing education
- Attend 12 hours of post licensing education
A passing grade on the state licensing exam
To enroll in pre-licensing courses, you will find these links helpful:
- Larabee School of Real Estate
- Randall School of Real Estate
*Ask about our scholarship program for new licensees!
Have questions or want more information about the process or the scholarship program? Send us an email here!
If link doesn’t work, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Invest in your business today to ensure success tomorrow!
Here is a list of initial investment estimates:
- $565 Pre-License Courses (ask about our scholarship program)
- $150 Post Education
- $410 Exam Fee and Background Check, & Initial License Fee
- $125 Errors & Omissions Insurance (annual)
- $730 Board of Realtor Fees (annual) + $150 Initial Application Fee
- $0 Name Riders (first 5 provided by company)
- $0 Baggies (first 4 provided by company)
- $0 Business Cards (first 1000 provided by company)
**In addition to the annual fees listed above, there is a $30 monthly MLS fee charged by OABR & optional ekey charge of $16 monthly.